1. Simple past
2. Present perfect
3. Present perfect
|Verbal tense||The verbal tense have relationship with the present||Events that happened in the past|
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct form of the verb in the present perfect
Exercise A - Affirmative Statements: S + has or have + past participle
1. I in this country all my life.
2. She her homework.
3. All of my friends her homework.
4. It the entire week.
5. We a lot of grammar in this class.
6. John in the hospital for five days.
7. I as a teacher since 1989.
8. Jennifer knows everyone in her town because she there since she was a baby.
9. Mark and Louise about getting married.
10. A friend of mine $20,000 in the bank to buy a house.
Exercise B - Negative Statements: S + has or have + not + past participle
1. Martha her homework yet.
2. We a movie in a very long time.
3. The children breakfast and they're very hungry.
4. You any breakfast yet either.
5. It in almost four weeks and the ground is too dry. (rain)